Parks, Recreation, & Amenities
The Town of Vegreville is a wonderful community full of things to do with your loved ones, no matter their age. Our town’s various parks, playgrounds, recreation centres, and amenities, are perfect for spending quality time with your friends and family. We are extremely proud of our inviting network of trails, parks, and recreation centres, which promote health, wellness, and quality of life for our citizens.
Parks and Playgrounds
There are several beautiful parks and colourful playgrounds for your family to visit. These parks and playgrounds are maintained by Vegreville’s Elementary Schools or the Town of Vegreville Parks Department. These parks and playgrounds are funded through many service clubs such as, the Kinsmen and Kinettes Clubs of Vegreville, other private groups, as well as the Town of Vegreville. Visit our map to find a park or playground near you.
- Rotary Rendevous Park
- Located in our community’s historic downtown and along Highway 16A, the Rotary Rendevouz park is a great place to visit if you’re looking for a central location to host an event that requires lots of traffic, or just take a break from your sight-seeing. This park features great views of local art, including the Canada 150 Anniversary mural mosaic art piece, and a gazebo to escape the elements.
- Elks/Kinsmen Park
- As the home of the World’s Largest pysanka, our Elk’s/Kinsmen Park is Vegreville’s main must-see attraction. With walking trails, large green spaces, and more, this park is perfect for those looking to take a break from travelling, need a relaxing spot to think, or want to learn more about our community’s culture and history. From June-August, the Elk’s/Kinsmen Park is home to the Thursday night Pysanka Park Farmers Market, read more on our Activities for Families page.
- Rotary Peace Park
- Vegreville’s Rotary Peace Park is the ideal place to hold an outdoor event. This park is located on Highway 16A on the east side of Vegreville. It is enclosed by trees and features an abundance of empty green space perfect for many people. This park has many amenities available, such as a kitchen, 2 barbecues, and bathrooms. The Rotary Peace Park is available for booking through the Vegreville News Advertiser.
- Vegreville Kinettes Playground
- Elks/Kinsmen Park Playground
- Alex Horvat Park
- Pirate Playground
- Vegreville Lion's Club Community Spray Park
- St. Martin's Catholic Elementary School Playground
- A.L. Horton Public Elementary School Playground
- Riverview Playground
- North Side Playground
- South Side Playground
Recreation and Amenities
Our community is in a unique position as we are equipped with many forms of recreational activities for a rural municipality. As a result of this, our facilities and outdoor spaces are kept in pristine condition by our Town of Vegreville Parks Department. Vegreville has beautiful, well-kept facilities and fields for almost all sports.
- Sports fields
- Dog of Leash Area
- Vegreville Kinsmen Golf Course
- Elk's/Kinsmen Park Pond - located at the Elk's/Kinsmen Park, this pond is open for youth under 16 and seniors over 65 who do not require a fishing license. This pond is only open when there is no ice.
- Rainbow Park Pond - Located on the south end of Vegreville, this pond is open year-round with ice fishing in the winter. You must have a valid fishing license to fish on this pond.